Monday, June 16, 2008

My Prince




Happy Father's Day!!!

Well, I spent father's day sick and attached to the toilet. My husband spent the day taking care of me and our kids, yes that would include cooking and cleaning... the works. So I would like to take a moment to tell my husband how much I love him. I'm so lucky to have him. He is an amazing dad and a wonderful husband... My prince.

This is the poem Paris wrote for her dad for father's day.

A Special Father’s Day

By Paris Smith

Dads are special,

Dads are fun.

They take us out when we need to run.


Dad’s come in handy

When our bikes get a flat.

And when we feel bad,

Dad knows what to do,

He takes us for ice-cream,

To the movies, or the zoo.


When our fish dies,

Dad does everything right,

He wipes away our tears,

And hugs us tight.

He plans out the funeral,

So we can say good-bye.

And, Dad never, ever, ever, ever, ever

tells a lie.

He let us pick a new fish

Just like he promised.


But my dad is the best of them all

Because he lifts me up when ever I fall.

He never forgets to kiss me goodnight,

And tickles me,

Till mom turns out the light.

I love you Dad!

_______________________________________________________________

To my Dad:

Happy Fathers Day. I love you very much and am glad to have had you as a father. I remember one time you came in my room to tuck my in at night. I told you that I loved you and you said "I love you more." I replied, "love you the most." You told me that I will only know how much you love me when I have a daughter of my own. I have 2 now, and now I know the love of a parent. I love them more than words can describe, I know what you mean now. But still, I LOVE YOU THE MOST! I'm glad your my dad.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

she is a dang good peot!

Jeremy and Charity's Music Library