Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back Stage with Sawyer Brown

Everybody, I'm sure, has an acquaintance that likes to brag about a person they know, that knows someone important. You know, "Name droppers." Even though I don't normally consider myself a "Name dropper," I do happen to know someone who knows someone. Hahaha.

Tara, my fellow golden girl (lol), is married to Jason, or Moose, who happens to be friends with a few famous entertainers. Among those is Mark Miller, the lead singer for Sawyer Brown. Moose and Mark go way back. So when their bus rolled into town Tara invited Jeremy and I to hang with them at the concert. No problem, other than talking my date into going to a country concert. Good thing he loves me. Not only were the tickets free, as a guest of Moose, but they are probably the best tickets at the sold out Sandy Amphitheater. Here's a picture of Tara and Jason at the concert.

The fun didn't end with VIP tickets. Nope, we got VIP parking backstage. Then, on our way into the concert we ran into Mark himself. He always puts on a good show. Mark Miller is a fabulous entertainer! Tara and I danced and sang to the music while Sawyer Brown rocked the house. It was so much fun.

I kid you not, we were an audience in need of a little sun. Jeremy was almost alone in representing the minorities of Utah. Good thing Rox was there (another "someone" Moose knows, who happens to be Asian). But fun is fun... Jeremy said he really had a good time. It's hard not to when the entertainment is so amazing. Here's a funny picture of Mark in action.

After the show we went back to the bus where Moose hung out with Mark and the rest of us mingled in the rain. Jason reported that Mark didn't feel well, with a headache. The few fans with back stage passes were disappointed that Mark didn't want to come out for photo ops with crazy fans, one of whom named her son after their band (cu cu). Jason asked him if he would be willing to meet some of his friends who were fans (me!). Here 's the picture I got of Mark Miller and I, thanks Jason!

I am now that person who brags about knowing someone who knows someone. It was worth it. I got a picture with Mark and an autographed picture of the band! Thanks Tara and Jason for the night out! It's been a long time since we stayed up that late (hahaha).

10 comments:

Janalee said...

How fun! I don't think I have ever really met anyone famous, it sounds like you had a blast. Sorry it took forever to send you the invite. I have been meaning to do it forever and just haven't been on the computer much this past month. It is fun to see what you have been up to. You have a cute fam and you are looking great yourself! I love your family photo!

Kimi said...

Okay if I got to meet him I would totally be bragging too! Great pic of the two of you together. Sometimes it is great to know someone who knows someone. :)

The Lemmon's said...

I am so jealous! Sawyer Brown is actually one of my favorite concerts, just because they are so entertaining on stage. How cool you got to really meet them! I would definitely let people know I'd met them! :)

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am way jelous, they do put on a great show probably the best concert I have ever been to was them and Chris Ledoux! BTW your blog is super cute!

Sum & Ben said...

I am having a party next tuesday night at my house!! Get on my blog and read about it cuz I would love you to come!

Heidi said...

How fun is that!! Sawyer Brown is definitely the most entertaining band on stage. I can't tell you how many of their concerts I have been to along with Diamond Rio. I love your picture with him, you look so excited.

Allred Family said...

Char!
This is amazing. I wish I would have stayed in better touch with you. Your girls are beautiful. It sounds like your are really living it up in SLC. I miss it up there in a lot of ways but wouldn't trade it for living here. I am enjoying connecting to other blogs from people I haven't even heard about since high school. Your pictures are awesome. Let's get together.
Paige

The McCarthys said...

Charity, I just saw the comment you posted that you wanted me to call you... sorry :). Do you still need me to give you a call?

laceeJ said...

okay, I'm JEALOUS! I love going to their concerts!

Tara said...

That was such a fun night. Your picture turned out way cute even though it was raining. We are glad that you guys could come. I am excited about the Jack Johnson concert on the 18th.

Jeremy and Charity's Music Library