Sunday, May 25, 2008

Girls only - Zion

The Beautiful Zion Canyon


Shawnee, Berlynn, Paris, Shannia

Last weekend the girls and I ditched Jeremy (he had to work) and met up with my sister and her two girls. We traveled down to Southern Utah for two reasons. Paris had spent the week with my sister at my parents house (she was off track) and my brother and sister-in-law, Aaron and Annette, had their new baby girl blessed in Springdale. Mandy and I took that as a perfect opportunity to get a hotel and enjoy the beauty that I took for granted growing up.

We spend the weekend hiking Zion's beautiful trails. My girls had never been there! We hiked Emerald Pools (pictured above), The Gratto, and Weeping Rock. I had to piggy back Berlynn most of the time, but Paris did very well.
We got lost on the way to the upper pool and found this little cove. Much to the delight of my girls, it was a secluded home to a few tree frogs. Freddie the frog is pictured here, Paris really wanted to take him home, and she wasn't alone in her request, unfortunately Freddie had a family and a good home right there in Zion. Paris could understand that, as she wouldn't want to be taken from her family and home. We really enjoyed Zion's majestic beauty in the full bloom of spring.
We had the coolest bus driver. Hahahahaha. She was very informational, but not so great giving the information as regular tour guides would present it. Mandy and I couldn't help but to laugh at her a couple of times ( I don't even remember what she said, just how she said it) then the guys sitting behind us started to comment on how awesome our tour guide was. "That's geography," they mimicked. It was really funny.

No comments:

Jeremy and Charity's Music Library