Sunday, May 25, 2008

A birthday not like any other

Happy birthday Paris!!!

I'm sure I'm the only one that does this, but sometimes I look at what my kids are doing, and how they are acting (in church for example) and I think to my self, "wow, I'm a crappy mom!"
Well I have had one of those moments this week. Let me just preface this by saying, it has really been a crazy point in my life, it's the end of my first year of teaching! The end of the year is really hard. I was not prepared for this. So when Tuesday rolled around and Jeremy's sister called to ask what we were doing for Paris's birthday and Jeremy turned to ask me, "Charity, did you realize that Paris's birthday is this Saturday!" I completely was stunned. May just flew by without me. So I frantically called the Classic Fun Center, in Layton, to see if there was any way I could book a party on Saturday.
Friday rolls around, and I didn't realize that all the mom's go to the school on their child's birthday to bring treats for the class. Paris came home in tears after school, there was a girl in her class who had a birthday on the same day as Paris, and her mom brought treats, I didn't. So, the teacher celebrated the birthday of the other girl with the class, not Paris. So the class went around at recess telling her that it wasn't really her birthday. I'm the worst mom, I swear. But, I didn't know they did this.
So, I almost forgot to go pick up the Costco birthday cake, the one Jeremy took her to pick out, the one that was supposed to be triple chocolate with her name on it. I barely get to Costco before they close, and the cake is not in the fridge. That's right, they lost our order. By the time I get to the front of the store, I'm in tears. The poor manager. He didn't know quite what to do with me.
Saturday turned out ok though. Paris had a great time at the fun center. They went skating, they jumped on all the blowup slides, ate pizza, cake, and opened presents. Yup, it was a birthday, but not like any other.


Paris with some of her friends

Here I am in mommy combat mode. I'm ready, what's next... I don't know what way is up! Hahahah.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh that sounds like such a stressful week! I can't imagine teaching, it would keep you very busy, i'm sure Paris forgave you. The teacher should really let you know of the class tradition! But Classic sounded like fun. I also loved your pics of Zion, I want to ge there sometime again. We really did take it for granted we should have been there every weekend enjoying the beauty. well I hope it gets better, its almost summer!

Heidi said...

Hey Charity, I haven't seen or talked to you in waaaayyy too long. Maybe now we can catch up on each others lives.
Heidi

Jon & Bridget said...

Hey, this is Bridget. I am so glad I found you. It looks like everything is going well for you. Your girls are adorable. :) Talk to you soon.

The McCarthys said...

Charity! I love this blog stuff it is so fun to see how everyone is doing. I just started a blog for Pat and I. We just had our first baby in March. Well, we'll be checkin in on ya!

Natalie said...

what a day! what a year! you've been busy, girl! i'm sorry the birthday was a flop - from the pictures it looks like the party was a success! i don't think she'll even remember about the stuff that didn't work out.

Jeremy and Charity's Music Library